Use the worksheet your teacher gave you
to answer the following questions. Here's a link to the worksheet if you
don't have it.
1. Who was the President who sent Lewis
and Clark on the expedition?
2. How much money were they given to spend
on the expedition?
3. Many supplies were needed for this expedition.
List one example of the following kinds of supplies:
4. What were the four goals of the expedition?
5. What did they travel in?
6. What did Lewis and Clark spend most
of their time doing?
7. What happened
on August 20, 1804 and what did the crew do to honor him?
8.What animal did
Lewis describe on September 7, 1804 and how did they attempt to catch
9. What important members joined the crew
at Fort Mandan?
10. What did they send back to St. Louis
and eventually the President?
11. What would Lewis and Clark need to
get across the Continental Divide and where could they get them?
12. How did the Shoshone Indians help the
13. What did the men have to eat while
in the Bitterroot Mountains?
14. What was important about the decision
made on November 24, 1805?
15. How did they spend their winter on
the Pacific Ocean?
16. What happened on August 11, 1806?
17. When did the expedition end? How long
had it lasted?
18. List 5 animals, 5 plants, and 5
Indian tribes discovered by the Lewis and Clark expedition.
19. Tell what each person gets who completed
the adventure in the Fall of 1806.